Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 483 Replies | Last Page

Forgot to add the link back to the old thread...

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=10689

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Hello all:

AFM - took my beta on Sunday am. Got the results in the afternoon while at the park with DS sitting on a bench next to five late twenty/early thirty y/o moms discussing when they would have their next child and who would get pregnant first. Made me want to scream that they were so fertile they could make games of it. So in that supportive environment, my result was - My progesterone level was only 3.5. I am, of course, completely confused based on all the "signs" I had, but not surprised. Still no but I guess that will change sooner or later. Anyway.... This cycle will run its course.

I think we are done with assisted pregnancies. DH has never been a fan and honestly it takes so much out of me and is such a huge time committment. And then there is the guilt that the process takes me away from spending quality time with DS. I live in NJ, my RE is in NYC (where I also work). Takes me 1.5 hours to get there in the a.m. for monitoring (which means I don't see DS b4 I leave) but it is the only convenient way for me to still get to work on time.

I have decided to work on improving my fertility to the best of my ability (natural fertility cleanse, maca root and continued supplements, not sure about accupuncture yet) and then just let nature take its course. If it is meant to happen....God willing it will.

Hello to all the new ladies (I am fairly new myself) and good luck to everyone this cycle.

Me 41, DH 45 DS 10/07 MC – 4/06 (nat), 7/06 (d&c), 2/09 (d&c), 4/10 (nat) Fibroids – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09 HSG – 12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydrosalpinx IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3 IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6 FET 08/12 - 1 embryo

11 years ago

Good morning all! Still no AF here and still BFN. I guess my cycle is just going to messed up from the surgery. :( I will just start counting day 1 as when she was supposed to come. Last time this happened it pretty much worked out. lol

I'm really horrible w/remembering names, so to all of you have gotten BFP - Congratulations & lots of sticky dust!!! And for those of you who haven't lots of ((((((HUGS)))))!

I think it's Shanessa91 - where are you at in Jersey? We are in Mt Holly in Burlington County - although I've lived all over this tiny state! ;)

Lauren User Image

11 years ago

Thanks for the new thread, torontochick!

shanessa91, so sorry for your bfn. Hope you get a surprise bfp when you're not expecting it!

red246, you and I are in the same boat (except for the surgery part). I tested this morning, 12 or 10dpo, but 4 days after I had that spot, and my test could be used to define negative in the dictionary. If AF doesn't rear her ugly head, I'll take another test in a few days, but I'm pretty certain I'm out.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

As I mentioned before, I am, for the first time, getting in touch with my body. So, with the "getting in touch" part, I am trying to check my uterus (since my CM is not so evident). I can't find it!!!! I know I haven't ovulated yet, as I am only CD 11, but I don't feel it. I've been checking every other day after my AF (which has only been about 3 times), but I don't feel anything up there? Is this normal?

I'm taking my BBT, and my temp went from 97.1 yesterday to 97.6 today, so I think I'm getting close to O - although I'm not very scientific with my temps as I wait until I get up to pee which can range from 2am-8am...

-Faith

User Image

11 years ago

Hi ladies, Would like to move in here with you if you don't mind. I am 39, will be 40 in October. My dh is 55 so I just feel our time is running out now. We have 4 children already, 15, 13, 11 and 5. I had a chemical back in November of 2011 and then got pregnant again in April of this year only to miscarry at around 6 weeks by June. I was and still am devastated as you can imagine. I am so terrified that it will never happen for us again. I so desperately want that 5th and final baby for us. My doctor seems to think that I have a low progesterone level so I have taken prometrium 400 mg orally daily with the last two pregnancies, which didn't help obviously. I tried 50 mg of clomid this last cycle and took the prometrium right after ovulation just in case to help keep my hormone levels up but I just started my Af as of today so I didn't get pregnant. I have decided to NOT take the clomid again since I do ovulate on my own and to only try to eat better and use Royal Jelly and take a baby aspirin daily. I know I can get pregnant still but I am so worried about it not sticking again. Any other moms out there in the same boat as us? This is so scary! Thanks for listening!

Paradise

11 years ago

Faithbarnes, I've never been able to feel my cervix. I'm told that it could be because I have a tipped uterus - I guess that makes it harder to find?

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Thanks Essemkay (somehow that sounds familiar )!

Faith/Essemkay - I can never find mine either. I am thinking about going the speculum and mirror route. Just afraid of what I might find .

Faith - spikes of .5 usually signify O but if you are temping at differing times each day that can definitely throw things off.

Paradise - welcome. It is a scary journey. I am also doing the royal jelly, baby aspirin and a ton of other supplements. No success yet but to be honest I just started in June/July so...

Red - I live in Old Bridge (central Jersey) in Middlesex County. I have family in Burlington and Mt. Holly so I know it is about 45 minutes south of me. We have lived in Jersey for about 11 years. Before that we were in Brooklyn, NY.

Me 41, DH 45 DS 10/07 MC – 4/06 (nat), 7/06 (d&c), 2/09 (d&c), 4/10 (nat) Fibroids – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09 HSG – 12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydrosalpinx IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3 IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6 FET 08/12 - 1 embryo

11 years ago

Shanessa - No WAY!!! I used to live in Old Bridge! My step-mom still lives there and my boys are always going to visit her. Such a small world. :)

Lauren User Image

11 years ago

Thanks Shanessa! I don't wake up consistently enough, so that must be it. Plus, I just read that BBT tells you after the fact, so, I'll still "track" for something to do, but I just went out and bought an OPK.

Holy smokes, they are expensive. I had a $10 off coupon and still paid $20. That was for First Response. Does anyone know if the cheaper ones on-line are as effective? Also, does when one test affect the result?

Thanks ladies!!

-Faith

User Image

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo